To ensure profitable growth of Mayerton business with our customers in the Northern French and Belgian Steel market. Growing our product portfolio in existing customers and developing our client base. Collaborate internally and build great customer partnerships to deliver Peerless Customer Service.
- Planning and prioritising sales activities in the Northern French and Belgian Market and ensuring good customer & prospective customer contact towards achieving agreed business aims, including costs and sales – effectively managing /prioritising personal time and productivity to maximize effective sales.
- Assisting the Area Sales Director with planning and managing Northern French and Belgian business pricing/portfolio/territory/business according to an agreed market development strategy.
- Managing product/service mix, pricing and margins according to agreed aims for the Northern French and Belgian marketplaces.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers in northern France and Belgium through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods, and relevant internal liaison, to optimise quality of service, business growth, and customer satisfaction.
- Develop and use customer and prospective customer contact activities and provide management information and update relevant information held on Company database.
- Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings, where required with assistance from other company functions where necessary and share knowledge and expertise across the company.
- Collaborate internally with our head office commercial team to facilitate the development of profitable business, sustainable relationships, and effective contract management.
- Develop and nurture existing and new accounts, building and maintaining long-term relationships as well as partnerships
- Produce a business development strategy to include a targeted regional growth plan
- Drive sales revenue and tonnage growth within territories
- Conduct business development meetings with existing and prospective clients
- Lead and facilitate onside installations ensuring that required technical resources are available for successful completion.
- Liaise as appropriate with Technical Engineers to manage stock levels on site and in dedicated warehouses to ensure customers’ orders, contracts and contractual terms can be met in line with agreed service level agreements (SLAs), including on time review of current material in use to ensure product is fit for purpose.
- Review commercial offers and commercial order confirmation forms to ensure customers’ requirements and agreed terms are correct and accurate.
- Work with the Group Technical team providing the following information:
- advice on application demands.
- product recommendations.
- technical trial support.
- monitor plant and competitor performance,
- trial and incumbent supply analysis.
- technical documentation, review of product operational performance to improve performance versus product material.
- Match materials to meet the needs of the customer’s individual processes to achieve maximum operational performance.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Mayerton way including our corporate core purpose,
vision, mission, and values
- Contribute to the development of a culture of continuous improvement within the Group to meet stretching financial and performance targets.
- Deputise for colleagues as appropriate.
- Undertake any other reasonable request made by Mayerton Senior Management
- Where required, undertake travel to key areas, for example, but not limited to China; including travelling to conferences, business meetings and global industrial events
- Adhere to Company and Customers’ Health and Safety and Security Policies
- Comply with relevant ISO standards and adhere to Company policies and procedures; and the Mayerton Code of Conduct
Due to the evolving nature and changing demands of our business the company reserves the right to amend a job description at any time and as such this job description is issued as a guideline and is not exhaustive.
Area Sales Director