By visiting mayerton.com, you are accepting and consenting to the use of your data relating to the practices in this notice.
Mayerton is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
How do we receive your information?
We may receive information about you:
- when you contact us directly, whether to apply for one of our products or services or to make an enquiry or other request,
- from our carefully selected business partners who provide products and services under one of our brands, and
- occasionally from other third parties who may lawfully pass to us information about you.
Using your information
We will use your information (which we receive from you or third parties or learn from the way you use our products or services) for a variety of purposes, including:
- to provide or manage any information, products and services for which you have requested,
- to help us identify you when you contact us,
- for general administration purposes,
- to help us improve the quality of our products and services,
- to help us detect and prevent fraud and money laundering,
- to help us recover debts,
- Where it is needed in the public interest or official purposes
- Where we need to comply with legal obligations
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or interests of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
- Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests)
- to carry out analysis and customer profiling, and
- to identify other products and services which might be of interest to you and to inform you about our products and services (please see below).
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
We do not share your data with any third parties, with the exception of:
- Other entities within the Mayerton Refractories group (including contractors and designated agents) where necessary
- when we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes,
- when we are progressing existing or future legal proceedings,
- when we are selling one or more of our businesses to someone to whom we may transfer our rights under any customer agreement we have with you,
- when we are preventing fraud/loss, for example when we may transfer your data to Fraud Prevention Agencies.
If one of these organisations is outside of the European Economic Area we will make sure they agree to apply a similar level of protection of your information as we are required to apply in the UK.
Informing you about our products and services.
We may use your information to contact you with Mayerton Refractories Group news which may be of interest to you and occasionally for market research purposes.
We, and these other parties, may contact you by post and phone and, if you give us your prior agreement to do so, by email, SMS and other electronic means.
You can opt out from receiving marketing communications from us on our products and services by ticking the appropriate box (if providing your information on this website) or at any time by calling us on free phone 01564 787950, or by writing to us at Office 105-110, Regus, Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, B90 8AG.
You can also contact us at the above address or telephone number if you have previously asked not to receive marketing communications but would now like to hear from us with news on products and services.
We will only send you marketing communications by email or other electronic means if you give us your agreement to do so. For example, we may inform you that when providing your email address you will be indicating your agreement to receive marketing emails. If you give us your agreement and subsequently wish to opt out you can do so by clicking the unsubscribe link which we include on all our marketing emails or you can contact us at any time at the address or telephone number above.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further reference to you.
We try to keep our website secure. However, we ask you to recognise that when providing your information to us through our website or when you send us or ask us to send you any of your confidential information by email, that the internet and email communications over the internet may not be secure. We cannot be responsible for any loss or unauthorised interception of information transmitted via the internet which is beyond our control.
Providing information to us
You are responsible for informing us of any change in your details, such as a change of address. You have a right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you.
You have a right to ask what information we hold about you.
You may contact us at the address below for these purposes.
If you are under 16 please do not provide us with any personal information unless you have the permission of your parent or guardian to do so.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact by writing to us at Office 105-110, Regus, Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, B90 8AG.
No fee usually required:
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
What we may need from you:
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Right to withdraw consent
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact us by writing at Office 105-110, Regus, Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, B90 8AG. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.